Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Come on little toe.. Why are you doing this to me?

I've complained about it before and this won't be the last time I have a little conversation about this problem toe of mine. Treatment #2 yesterday.. it went better then the first one which I was very thankful for. It still hurt having Novocaine shots but the upside of that, no pain during the scraping and the laser zapping. I get at least 1 hour after before the burning sensation starts. A little Advil and I'm okay. I have round 3 in a month.. had good progress to get rid of those planter wort's under my toe nail. Thank you running for lifting up the nail, allowing a virus to take over my toe. Just plain gross.. I'll spare you the uncovered toe and keep it under wraps. 
I got up thinking.. really thinking I'd be okay to run. Put on that running shoe and realized I can't even walk with out feeling burning pain from my little toe. Hum... this will not work! 
Its chilly this morning, 46+F but sunny and no wind. Still very cold on a bike. At least I have Steve to keep me company on my ride. I don't feel like I ever get the same workout from biking as I do running. I'd have to bike for 2+ hours or more to burn as many calories. Something is better then nothing.. unless you ride with someone who is experiencing back issues! 
We hit the first few hills pretty hard then Steve realized his back wasn't feeling so great. We stopped, stretched and slowly rode back. 

It was a short 35 minute ride, 6.3miles.. I would have liked to go farther but considering how chilly it was.. It was okay to head for home. 
It is a really beautiful morning. We even had Trumpeter Swans fly over our head. 
Back at home, chilled to the bone and now its time to warm up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment