Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Effort, Persistence and No Excuses

That's how I roll.. I make an effort to run each and every day. I am persistent in my goal of working out each and every day trying to stay fit and healthy. I never find excuses to not exercise. 
I can tell you, every time I roll out of bed.. I know that I will be waking up to getting fit for the day. Starting my day off right and making zero excuses to find the time for me. The first few steps as everyone experiences are tough. This morning was no exception, my mind wanted to run but my feet didn't. Some times its the opposite, my feet are on auto pilot, but my mind wants to stop and just quit. I like the running the best when both my legs and mind are on auto pilot and I do get there.. It just takes a few miles. 
I never regret a day where I can run down this road, feel the pounding of my heart and hear the thumping of my feet... Running down this country dirt road just makes me feel so good and free. 
My mile times might not be that quick, but I truly feel like I'm flying down this road.. 
8 miles done for this beautiful spring morning.. Steady and a nice easy pace where I could run forever.. only I get hungry and want to eat. Its really tough coming home and smelling hash-browns and french toast. After burning 1000 calories I kind of need food more then I need to run more. 
 Steve and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary last night. We went out to Doolittles and shared wings with flat bread - chicken/roasted tomatoes and for old time sake, we split a slice of mud slide pie. We use to share this ice cream dessert every time we'd go to Doolittles.. hard to break an old tradition. 
We came home last night and had a bonfire in the back yard with the kids.
Made our 2nd dessert s'mores.. You just can't have a bonfire and not roast marshmallows 
 I bought those larger marshmallows in a flattened square shape made just for s'mores. We discovered a winner!

A delicious way to end a Friday night.. 
A tiny note left on the toilet.. (not by me) but it did make me laugh.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment