Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, May 19, 2014

Planks, Strength, Run & Bike..

I can do it all.. That's all four of my favorite things to do for a workout in the morning. 4 minutes of planks and stretching, lifting weights for Strength, running home from the gym 3.5 miles and then biking 4 miles. I just have to divide my time and slowly I will increase the time I do each depending on my day. 
Biking felt good even if I only went 4 miles. I knew a storm was coming and the last thing I want to do is be out in lightening! 
I really had a tough run this morning and it was only 3.4 miles. I was hoping since Sunday I ran only 4 miles, my legs would be more fresh. Just not the case since they felt heavy and slow... 
I'm really going to have to bike a lot more and soon. I really do like it. I just dislike the the initial cold air, but as soon as I warm up the breeze feels pretty good. Glad I got past the urge to turn around and go home. I used that rule.. go just for 10 minutes and if it's that bad, turn around and go home. My whole bike ride 4 miles was only 21 minutes.. as easy effort. 
I always start off super cautious on the bike and by the end of summer I have no problem bombing down the hills, going high speed over bumps in the dirt road. 

Our front yard crab apple trees popped this morning and we woke to find beautiful white flowers covering the trees. This is my favorite part about spring.. 
Sunday night family dinner with pork chops on the grill and the best part, eating dinner on the deck. It's been far too long since we were able to sit outside and eat. 
Time to rest these legs of mine.. tomorrow.. More weights, more running, more biking and working of course! The only thing that keeps me going is that I won't allow myself to stop. I'm not where I want to get just yet and there is no quitting ever! 
_______________________________________________________
How did you spend your weekend? 


No comments:

Post a Comment