Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 16, 2014

Everyone is happy when its Friday!


Happy Friday...here's to a full week behind me and looking forward to the weekend warm up! 
This week I started a new plan to keep my fitness with strength training. It's really simple, just drive to the gym with Steve, lift weights and then run home. I can then choose to bike, run or swim more miles or just be done for the day.. exactly like today. I did my 15/20 minutes of weights and then ran home 3.5miles and called it good for now. Now meaning I can always bike.. or run more miles at some point this Friday!
I might be happy its Friday but not so happy about my running times. Slow.. slow.. and more slow miles. While running both my knees didn't feel so great, they kind of hurt running down those hills and my calves are once again feeling extra tight. Old news yes, but really taking a toll on me wanting/needing to run more miles. 
I only need to run more miles to keep the weight off. I'm at a point where I either need to cut back on eating.. which I have a hard time doing. Or run more to have more calories burned to use up. It's just a lot easier to keep running a few more miles then it is to say no to ice cream at night. It's a bad cycle of food that I need to break. 
My morning breakfast and  my favorite. I'm starting up my lunch favorite of rice and salsa. Dinner, lots of veggies and that's how I'm going to drop a few pounds. Keeping it the same and simple. 
Time to rest up these legs. I got the notice our local Mountain Biking Park is Open and ready to ride. Can't wait to bring the kids but we will wait for a week day when it's not so busy. 
___________________________________________________

How are you making your Friday Happy? 


No comments:

Post a Comment