Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 30, 2014

Success feels good.

As you know if you follow along on this blog, yesterday I started an extreme pound a day weight loss plan. I have to tell you... it felt good to stick with what I set out to do. The only difficult part was dinner time. 

I tried to control myself at dinner with only eating what was on my list: 2 slices of whole grain bread with chunky Peanut butter, which I ate. I then gave into 1/2 a thin sliced pork chop and a half a chicken breast with potatoes. It definitely was not the end of the world that I went off plan and ate more. 
Afternoon snack time, I ended up eating a whole small bag of carrot sticks with 3 Tbsp lite ranch dip, all of which were on my list to eat for the day. Good snack choices and much better for me then a small bowl of ice cream which I had been having. 
I did something else yesterday, I biked up to the store instead of driving. 30 more minutes of exercise and burning calories. My total biking was 14 miles in 1 hour for the day. Plus, I mowed our front lawn after dinner to help burn away at some of those extra calories I had for dinner. 
Another perfect morning to go for a run. Yes, I said a run! I did a smart thing and went to see the chiropractor. My chiropractor that I normally see wasn't in till later on and I needed an appointment ASAP. Sometimes its good to check out other chiropractors.. they all do things a bit different some good and some not so good. This new guy did great on my knee issues. He did give me a great tip, do lunges and squats to get those muscles that are hard to stretch out. 

I had been doing daily squats and lunges while I was doing my 90 day bikini challenge but then kind of stopped all of a sudden for really no reason other then lazy on my part. This is exactly why I need to do those lunges and squats every day to keep my knees from hurting. I'm back to doing 50 squats a day and many lunges up and down the driveway before I run. No more just going out and running without doing some good walking stretches. 
My knee issues aren't 100% fixed but it sure feels a lot better. I'm still taking it easy just to be on the safe injury free side of things. After not being able to run yesterday. I love my slow miles and will never get down on myself for not running an 8 minute mile for 8+ miles... as long as I can run.. who cares about the speed! Not me.. I just want to run. 
It's always nice to see Steve running on the Cross Ramp when I get to the gym. I run there while he takes the car. Even if we aren't working out together I still like to see him at the gym while I'm there too. I did 30 minutes of strength training. 4 days this week... I'm forcing myself to stay for at least 30 minutes. I usually just go from machine to machine. It's good variety and I get in a full body workout. Usually 1 set each of 10 reps but some I do 2 sets, usually my arms since I want to tone those up for summer. 
Today's Day 2 extreme weight-loss plan.. similar to yesterday, PB Whole grain bread for breakfast and lunch, but dinner will be veggies with rice. Snack: carrots and lite ranch. Success just feels too good to stop! 

And some cute little buns..from my grandson Evan on the beach in Florida. 5 months old...I get to see this little guy tonight and I can not wait. He's been on vacation for 3 weeks with his mom and I've missed them both so much. Can't wait to hear all about their vacation in Florida. 



No comments:

Post a Comment