Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Most Miles Running, EVER!!!

I had a beautiful Saturday to do a long run. My most miles ever running, 15! It really is a head game to run that many miles and it's not even Marathon Distance!
I started out with my run to the gym 3.5 miles, stopped for a drink of water then ran home from the gym another 3.5 miles. Stopped at home for more water forgot to eat, did the 4 mile hilly loop dirt to pavement and the last 4 miles I ate a banana giving me enough energy and thankfully the kids road their bikes while I ran pavement to dirt. 
The kids were pretty far ahead of me on my last 4 miles. I was just trying to keep a 10/11 minute mile pace. No need for speed as the goal was to just finish running 15 miles for the day. I'll work on speed after I get use to piling on the miles! 
Happy to be done with my run. My legs are tired and a bit sore right at the moment. I was happy that my feet didn't hurt at all the entire run which is a first! 

This is exactly why I love wearing my Garmin on a run. I get so much information about every mile. It wasn't a fast 15 miles, but I'm happy that most  my miles are in the 10 minute mile range. Not easy to run for 2 hours and 30 minutes! Just wish I didn't forget to start the clock on the first 4 miles. I got about half a mile away and realized it was not running. 
I'm guessing I was running for almost 3 hours total. This was definitely a challenging run with all those big hills. See the elevation.. 
My route.. 
And last.. my heart rate while running. Avg was 136 and max, probably running up one giant hill 151. 

I got to thinking.. Oprah even ran a marathon.. Steve said it probably took her the entire day? Good question! How long did it take Oprah to run the a Marathon?  I need to Google that! 

Oprah Winfrey, 1994 Marine Corps Marathon (4:29:15)  

I would say Oprah's time is very impressive! That's my goal time to beat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment