Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday.. Friday..

It's fabulous Friday! It could be more fab if the sun would just come out again! I had a really great few days in DC.. and the week just went by so very fast. 

A great morning to do some cross ramp running. I just did my 6 miles since I didn't feel like doing anything else. I was really kicking myself for not paying attention to the weather. I could have easily ran outside this morning. Unfortunately, I just wasn't prepared for the outdoors. 
Steve decided he had enough of the cross ramp after 30 minutes and went to bike. I was thinking about joining him but figured this weekend I could easily go for a bike ride outside! 
I really would like to do some long running miles this weekend. I'll break up the miles into sections and hopefully, get Steve and the kids to do about 4 miles with me. My plan is to run to the gym, lift weights and run home 7 miles, do the 4 mile loop 2x's = 15 miles and maybe run our neighborhood 1.5 miles for a total of 16.5 miles. It's still a long way from marathon distance of 26.2 miles.. I'd love to run at least 20 miles to test out if I could last for 26 miles. Most runners never run the full marathon distance in training. You kind of figure if you can run 20 miles, what's another 6 miles? For me exactly 1 more hour to run that 6 miles! Maybe I should bike the rest of the miles? I like this plan.. 16 biking right after my running! A win/win combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment