Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, May 5, 2014

Oh my legs are sore..

Too nice to not go for a run outside early this morning. When we got to the gym, I hopped out and ran home 3.5 miles. Easy, slow miles since my legs were not feeling very fresh. In fact, my legs were killing me from the weekend running miles. 
 Because I'm use to running at least 6 miles every day, I could not just run 3.5 miles! I decided to run the 4 mile hilly loop that I run along a dirt road. Total miles 7.5 in 1 hour and 17 minutes.

Not easy to run with sore legs, but it did feel good to run out the soreness. It feels much better to just run it out then to not run at all. 
You can really tell what mile I hit that really huge hill and some smaller ones after that.. mile 6 was the slow 11:22 minute mile. I'm not sure what hurt more today.. running up that monster of a hill or running down it. It is just as much work to run down as up, even if you think its going to be easier it just uses different muscles to slow you down. 
Look what is coming up in the garden.. a tulip. Which reminds me, I need to recap the month of April since we are now well on to May. 

Here's my total April monthly miles:

Cross Ramp miles = 66 
Treadmill = 50
Running outside = 33.5
Stationary Bike = 41
Total April miles = 190.5 
Total Miles so far in 2014 = 750


No comments:

Post a Comment