Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, May 12, 2014

How I spent my Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's day.. busy...  family dinner..
 Steve cooked a lemon chicken on the grill. I always need BBQ sauce with grilled chicken. Salad and some potatoes that I smashed and added a ton of butter. There is just no holding back on Mother's Day. 
I made a raspberry/blueberry tart. I discovered a new Tip to making tarts. Coat the bottom with melted chocolate & let harden, this is so the crust says flaky/crispy and doesn't get soggy from the pudding. I discovered this while having a slice of tart in DC. 
 My kids each gave me a hand written Mother's Day note. I have the best kids in the world. 
I not only made a tart for dessert, but I mowed our front lawn, trimmed the grass edges, washed clothes, cleaned the house and did the dishes. Plus, I ran 8 miles.. all in a days work for this Mom. 
It rained like crazy last night and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to run this morning. I was happy to find out the rain stopped and the weather forecast was dry until tonight. I started out going to the gym with Steve. My plan was to stretch out my calves as much as I could before running. I did my ad workout, lifted weights for my arms and legs.. did a 5 minute warm up on the stationary bike and headed for home 3.5 miles. 
I got home and Logan wanted to bike while I ran another 4 miles. We did the dirt to pavement loop. I was so happy to have company even if he was far in front of me. Really glad to be done with my run 7.45 miles. 

Weekly recap of last weeks total miles...
Running outside  = 38.5 miles
Cross Ramp = 3.5 miles
Stationary Bike = 17 miles
Grand total # of Miles = 59 miles
7 days of planks: 2 minutes each of bent arms/ 2 minutes straight arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment