Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I didn't feel like a slug running today..

Look at the fog. 90% humidity in the air with hope of hitting 80*F later on. My kind of day! 
It was such a nice morning with out wind to run, I didn't feel like a slug running. I had really been dragging while trying to increase miles and getting back to running outdoors. Too much too soon but I pushed on any way. It really helped running only 4 miles the past 2 days and then doing extra biking to give my legs a mini break. 
Proof that mile 4, I picked up the pace and actually ran an easy 8:53 minute mile. There were even a few 9 minute miles in there.. see 3 miles! Still working on the other 4 miles that were over 10 minutes per mile but I will get there and stop feeling always like a slug running. 
I have my best running when I don't even have to think about my feet or legs. It's those runs where you take a few steps and experience pain or something doesn't feel 100% alright.. that it makes running difficult. I like it to be easy and a time to just enjoy being outside. Not to have to think about my feet or legs and they just take me where I want to go. Meaning.. I'd like to be crazy fast too but I don't think I can have it all.. I'll just settle for slow and easy to really love my time running. 
Last night we watched Celina's 8th Grade Band performance at the High School. I don't know a whole lot about music but it sounded really nice.. but a long concert. We had to watch all 3 band and Celina's band played last. Best for last they always say! 



No comments:

Post a Comment