Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Fun day.. Sunday Running

On the deck, the sun is shining and I'm sitting outside eating my breakfast ready to recap my morning run. 

I did one of those sleep in and just take it easy mornings. I didn't plan on it being this warm and nice so early close to 70*F. A little warm to run, but it felt great! 
I ran up to the coffee shop while Steve biked. It's a great half way mark and a good place to take a short break, drink water and have a under cooked blueberry scone from Dun-bros. Remind me never to eat there again. They just don't have great food. 
I had my best mile #3 with 8 minute and 59 seconds. I need to work on staying in the 9 minute to 8 minute mile range. This 10+ minute stuff should be saved for the mile warm up and mile cool down. It's something I'm going to have to work a lot harder on if I want to get faster. 
I missed our summer time run/rides to get coffee and water. I'm so glad I didn't have to talk Steve into meeting me at the coffee shop. He's just not an outside runner, but he will bike. 
There he goes.. zipping by.. on our speedy road bike. 
We forgot how much work a new bike can be. There were tires to pump up. These aren't your normal tires, everything is more complicated.. you'd think they could make it less difficult, but this is not the case with racing bikes. Seat had to be adjusted and then the handle bars tightened. I'm kind of afraid to ride alone for fear I'll need to do some tire maintenance. I'm sure it took at least 30 minutes to figure out how to get 90 pounds of pressure in each tire. 
This is why I stick to my mountain bike.. nothing needed but to get on and just peddle. 
Running takes a lot out of me. It doesn't give me tons of energy through out the day. I might have a few bursts of energy but I need a lot of down time too. After dinner last night.. yeah.. healthy hot dogs.. not and potato with butter, then 2 glasses of red wine just knocked me out at 7pm.. and I slept till 9:30pm. When you need to sleep, I've learned just do it. I'll feel so much better even if I'm up till midnight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment