Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It didn't make a difference!

Somethings you need to figure out on your own. I thought by running all winter long on the treadmill and running at various inclines would help me keep my leg running fitness. I knew going in that the treadmill just doesn't transfer to running pavement. Keeping that in mind, I had hopes that all would not be lost if I adjusted the incline and always ran the treadmill hills. I quickly found out this week.. if you want to keep your leg fitness for running.. you must run outside. There are no substitutes! So now I am paying the price... my calves are super tight.. and sore. 
Even with sore calves, I stretched as much as I could  and ran home from the gym 3.5 very slow miles. I needed to take it super easy. This photo is why I run in the early mornings. What is better then to run and watch the sun come up.. Always beautiful sunrises! Now if I could only keep the temperature around 46+F year round or at least 30+F I'd have zero complaints! 
I've been having rubbing issues with my tank tops so I switched to this other brand where the arm pit area is higher up. Preventing skin to arm rub. It did the trick and will only need to do this till I don't need my arm warmers. 
Monday was my rest day with Evan. He was tired too.. and slept for most of the day. I'm going to miss him the next few weeks. This baby is a traveler! He is off to Georgia then to Florida. 
Last night we celebrated Cinco de Mayo and had Mexican food, rice, chicken, beef tenderloin, peppers, salsa. 
Now those are some s l o w.. miles.. I just got up to walk around and wow! Glad I didn't run anymore today. I can hardly walk with my calves super sore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment