Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Inside has to be the choice!

I am not taking any chances with my right leg. It had to be an inside workout day. My leg is feeling pretty good but that can change quickly and I certainly don't need to risk making things worse. 
I'd have to say the one really great thing about working out at the gym is that I'm going to do my ab workout and I will lift weights to tone up my arms. It's a goal of mine to keep up strength training all summer long. I only had 15 minutes which was better then not doing anything. 

My taking it easy this morning consisted of 31 minutes on the cross ramp or 3 miles, running on the treadmill for 12 minutes at a slow random hill pace of 5.5mph, (felt a little pain in my leg.. stop!) and then stationary bike, level 9 for 2 miles. Not a great workout but I did sweat and burn some calories cross training. 
I'll recap my pool run from yesterday. Found out the pool opens at 8:30am. I won't be able to swim early unfortunately. I've never really done much pool running. The water was a bit chilly.. I found out later the heater element was broken otherwise the water is always bath temperature.. nice! Running was a great way to warm up and get use to the cold water. I just ran back and forth in the shallow 3 feet end of the pool. Running wasn't feeling so great on my leg pain, since I was warmed up at this point. I was ready to swim. I just did breast stroke with my head out of the water. 
I even brought along all my pool workout supplies, fins, goggles, cap, and paddles for my hands. I only used the paddles. This was a great shoulder/arm workout. I thought for sure I'd be sore today. Nope, zero..nothing. 
I had Steve time me while he drank coffee and soaked up the sun. I lasted for 30 minutes and called the first pool running session done! 

I really need to step up my exercise to lose some pounds. It's just not working to only do one workout a day. I always feel extra tired in the afternoon evening, but it's time to make some changes. Baby steps... biking tonight if it's not pouring rain! 



No comments:

Post a Comment