Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Recovery 4 miles

After running 15 miles yesterday, I decided to run an easy 4 miles to just keep my legs feeling good. 

I ran the dirt to pavement route, it's hilly and a good 4 miles. 
My legs weren't feeling very fresh when I started out. It took 2 miles to really warm up with all the hills. I was feeling pretty good the last mile so I pushed on harder to my fastest mile, 9 minutes and 4 seconds. 
I have to remember, even if I think a 10 minute mile is slow.. It's fast for most women my age.. that's 45 on up. I know I can keep that pace for 15 miles and I need to be happy I can run. I'd love to improve on my mile times and I have all summer/fall to do just that! I might never run 8 minute miles... but I'll take what I can do. 
It was another really nice morning to run. A cool 40*F with a little wind. 
Feeling good and done running for the day. I would love to go for a bike ride later on. I'm hoping there is enough time in the day. It's one of those busy, full but fun days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment