Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, May 1, 2014

The front of my legs hurt from all the walking!

You would think I'd have zero leg pain after all the running I do each day. Turns out, walking makes the front of my legs sore or just the left leg. 
I was really good about working out on the first day. I kept my miles low and just ran 3 at an easy pace. I knew I'd be walking a ton and wanted to save up my energy for the long day ahead. I was really happy about that decision after walking for 12 hours. 9am to 9pm.. 

The hotel had a really nice fitness room and it was well used. I actually lifted weights on the 2nd day for over 30 minutes and skipped running. No need to run when I can walk miles every day! 
Look the white house.. Anyone home?




 We watched a 3D movie about the Ice age. I really needed a sit down break.. a quick 39 minutes!

 Back on the Mall.. walking around and enjoying the nice weather. 
 Walking on the mall sidewalks.. 

 The police stopped all the traffic and pedestrian while cars all drove into the white house gates. Wonder if Michelle or the kids were coming home. It was 3:30pm.. could be out of school for the day? 

 They don't mess around with security by the White House.  
Dinner was back to George town. They served us warm pretzels for a bread bowl. This was by far my favorite place.. loved the pretzels! 
 We shared Beer Batter Fish! 

Kendra had the crab cake. 
My night again was finished with laying around at the pool.. The hot tub was a must at the end of the day to soak my aching body. 
I now think that if I can walk around for 12 hours in one day and at least 6 the next, I should be able to run a marathon on my feet for 4 hours! That should be easy in comparison! Right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment