Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, May 11, 2014

8 Mile Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to my daughter Kendra on being a new mom and to her first of many Mother Day's to come. 

I love being a Mom to my three super, terrific, wonderful, beautiful, smart, caring children... and a Grand Mom.. to a beautiful boy. Life is good to this Mom!
My request for Mother's day was to skip breakfast and have a family dinner this year. I wanted to be able to get a run in this morning. What better way to start my Mother's day then to get some fresh air and go for a 8 mile run. 
It was not the best run I've done lately.. The slowest running.. I finished 8 miles which is all that matters and I liked my running time. I just haven't been liking the way my calves feel super tight and sore. I had some knee pain that would come and go on my last 1 mile. I'm not sure where that came from. 
I really wanted to run faster and judging by my heart rate when running ,124 - 139 I certainly could have pushed harder and faster if my calves felt okay, but that was not the case. It's better to slow down or stop when experiencing pain. I don't want to get injured. In my case, the calf pain is due to more miles running outside and all those mega hills that I'm getting use to running once again. 
I could not have asked for a better temperature to run.. over cast, and around 59+F with little wind. I really wanted to do a virtual half marathon Mother's day run.. 13 miles. I just have to add on the miles gradually. I'll get there and feel great doing it. 
I took some Advil and will be spending some of my Mother's day resting with these legs up on the couch... Its much needed recovery time. I've got to rest up so I can do it all over again tomorrow. 

Have a happy Mother's day... hug and love your kids no matter how old or big they are for everyone needs their mom all through the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment