Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 9, 2014

Running right back at it!

I've got it.. and it didn't take long to get it back. I guess that saying is true, it comes back faster the next time around. After taking a winter long break from outdoor running I really thought it would take me all summer long to get back to the fitness level I was at last fall. 
While I might not be as speedy yet. I can maintain a slow 10+ minute mile for 8 miles and I bet I can keep it up for 13 no problem! I've got this! Just don't compare my mile times to some of those younger runners! 
Did I mention how windy it was today. It said 11mph, my phone said 15mph. Just a tad hard to run into the wind up those monster hills.

 I felt so good after running 8 miles I was kind of wanting to run another 4. I got a late start and unfortunately I'm going to have to save the long run 12 miles for Saturday morning if I don't get rained out! 
I'm having a hard time writing this post.. Yaz wants to play catch with a sock. I'm dog sitting for the weekend. 
I was suppose to leave them at their house, but they gave me that sad puppy look. Coco just likes to lick my hand while I type. Both doggies are so good and they get me over my need for a dog. Borrowing one for a few days works for me! I get in my puppy fix!
One last info photo from my run this morning. Total time to run 8 miles 1 hour 24 minutes. Avg pace 10:29 minute per mile. I want to run 100% based on Heart rate tomorrow. Today it varied from 134 all the way up to 151. I think I can work on pushing it up a bit just with effort. 
I'd better run along.. I have a birthday cake (Steve's belated b-day) to make.. and a massage this afternoon along with some working = burning calories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment