Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Why run 6 miles when I can do 8 or more?

Every day this past winter I ran 6 miles. Why not just run 8 every day instead? I set out to run 12 miles today, but my calves were not having any of it. This is suppose to be the day I treat myself to a long run, then want to bike 15 miles right after. 
My plan is to go slow, so I will feel like I can run.. F O R EVER.. I told my mind that, but my calves clearly didn't get that message! I could feel them right away on mile 1, tight! What is going on? I even stretched before running like I do every day. I just cut that a tad bit short.. I won't do that again! 
look at that.. mile 4 was fast at 8:50 minute mile. Probably too fast since I had zero desire to keep going faster... Finished 8 miles but the last 4 I just wanted to be done running. Finished in 1 hour and 23 minutes. Ugh.. and didn't feel like biking right away. I'm still in rest mode... 
It is an absolutely gorgeous day and perfect, perfect weather (temp in the 50's) to run and little to no wind. 
I have another reason why I need a dog. No one is more happy to see you then a dog. They always get so excited. You are showered with kisses and they just want to jump in your lap. Now who else is going to do that? 
I have been forgetting to talk about my planks. I'm still doing them every morning. 2 minutes of bent arms and another 2 minutes of straight arm planks. It's actually getting easier, except for the last 15 seconds.. I'm almost ready to add on another 15 seconds of time. I say ALMOST?? It's hard enough... but at some point you have to push it up a notch!  I've been planking for over 9 months.. A record! 

______________________________________________________

Who is the most excited to see you every day? 

What is your longest record for doing some type of fitness? 

How are you spending your Saturday?


No comments:

Post a Comment