Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, May 23, 2014

We both forgot!

That is so us to forget completely about our Anniversary. At least we both don't remember each year so the pressure is completely off and neither of us has to feel bad about forgetting. It's just our thing not to make a big deal out of being married for 15 years... just too busy trying to being healthy and working out together!
Glad we biked together yesterday morning and called that our Celebration. Our our marriage is still going strong after all these years.. It only gets better.. I can't imagine being with anyone other then Steve. He's like my twin..in that we think alike, but definitely have our strengths and weaknesses that complement each other, that must be why we work so well together...
I spent my afternoon mowing our grass. I have no idea of why anyone would hire out this simple job. 1. you get outside and enjoy the day 2. you burn at least 350 calories if you push the mower. I'd say a win/win. 
It was off to soccer to watch Logan's game last night. They played a tough team.. Logan scored the only goal for his team and unfortunately, in the last 9 minutes of the game, the other team scored two times to win the game. I still was very proud of Logan... I really don't care if they win or lose as long as Logan is having fun and trying hard to play well. Mission accomplished! 

While I was sitting on the sidelines watching the soccer game, I decided to figure out how many minute Logan actually played in the game. All the players showed up, and I want to say there are 12 players on his team. 4 sit out and 8 are on the field. Logan sat out the first 12/13 minutes, then was in for 6 minutes and then another 4 minutes for the first half of the game, which lasts for 30 minutes. The 2nd half he again sat out for the beginning of the game and was in for 5 minutes and 30 seconds, then again for 4 minutes and 30 seconds. 20 minutes total playing time for a 1 hour game. 
I also kept track the last game of his tournament this past weekend. He played for a total of 18 minutes with 9 each half. Gives me something to do and its interesting to see how much play time he is getting..I'm not going to be one of those parents complaining about my kid not getting enough game time.. not just yet anyway. I can completely understand why he was played less this last game. Missed practice on Wednesday and that is the consequence. I at least have a base of time and will definitely monitor his game time.
This blog is about running my buns off.. not my kids so it's back to me and my buns... Running them off this morning. No easy task. It was beautiful this morning which made it that much more difficult to stare out the window running inside at the gym on the Cross Ramp. My toe just isn't ready to run since I still feel pain just walking in running shoes. I'm really hoping tomorrow it will be okay. A really, really rough workout, 6mile.. in 60 minutes.. I just wanted to quit so this really tested my will power to just run.. run.. run my buns off!

I'm a sweaty exhausted mess right about now.. I have one of those really busy Fridays for working. That's good, but I will be super happy when I'm done and can enjoy the long three day weekend... I have so many things I want to do .. all involves being outside.. 
1. planting herbs/tomatoes in pots
2. mulch for the yard to freshen up all
3. weed killer the lawn 
4. running outside
5. biking, maybe even going to the trails.. 
6. picnics with ribs and watermelon
7. Camping out.. I'll set up a tent in the back yard if we decide to stay home for the weekend! 

___________________________________________________

Tell me how you are going to spend the long weekend? 

Do you ever track your kids game play times? 





No comments:

Post a Comment