Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 28, 2016

You are my Sunshine..

The sun came out yesterday and gave us this beautiful sunrise from our front window. 
 The temperatures warmed up to 40+F so we had some melting and more ice cycle forming going on. 
I just wish my skiing would have been during the afternoon warm up. Instead, I went skiing first thing at 8am which was COLD. I had a very frozen butt when I came home. I think the semi stressful work day added to all my energy because when I was done working, I really wanted to ski again. I knew better to exhaust myself and instead I opted to eat a very late lunch at 3pm. 
I was already to have a good chicken dinner when Logan said he needed fabric to make shorts at school. Oh yeah, he needed it by tomorrow. Not only did I go out to two stores to buy his fabric, but I had to wash and dry it before he could take it to school today. I got a lot of I'm sorry for all my driving all over town and missing out on dinner last night. What's a mom to do? 

I let the stress of my long work day, eating a late lunch, missing out on a good dinner and having to run all over town to get fabric stress me out and have me reaching for the brownies. It was National Chocolate Cake day yesterday. I did a good thing, and I didn't even know it. Completely okay to indulge in a National Day for Cake. 

My Wednesday work challenge went great! I did have it figured out and now next week should be a breeze. I'll see how long it lasts?? I just have to slow it down which is just not my style but hey.. I love a good challenge and a little ( l o n g ) rest break. 
Here's a little Thursday randomness.. when I'm not running or skiing. I love my slip shoes to wear around the house or while working. Otherwise in the winter I switch between ankle boots, long boots and high heal boots when I'm out and about. 
The hardest part of my day is always my morning exercises. Planks, twists, biceps, and triceps are tough. I do it because it is tough and I do notice the changes in my abs and arms for doing this every day. I have no idea of how long I've been doing the daily exercises. I could go back in my fitness books to find my start date.. of October 23,  2013. I started out just doing 50 squats and 30 second plank. The very next day I upped my plank to 1 minute and I've never stopped making it my daily plank/morning exercise habit. It started off seeing a friend commit to a 30 day plank challenge. I wanted to try this challenge to see if I'd notice a difference in my abs and strength. I not only noticed a difference I just kept going. I might not be up to 5 minutes of holding a plank but I've increased the time and number of reps for a total of 10 minutes. Plus, I kept adding more daily exercises. 

What I do every morning starting at 5am:
Stretch/yoga 1 hour
Daily exercises
Write my blog
Make my bed
Eat breakfast
Drink lots of water
Wake my kids up (Logan, since Celina gets up on her own)
Say "good morning" to my family. 
Workout (morning or afternoon)
 Make cookies, bars or candies for my customers
Get ready to work
Pick up the house before I leave for work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment