Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Oh Sunday...

Oh Sunday, here we are once again. So many choices on what to do with my day. 
I made the choice to get up at dark O'clock this morning to do my daily exercises. I read that adding in just 10 jumps a day can help with bone loss as we age. I decided this is pretty easy to do each and every morning. Just jump in place 10 times. I some times jump up and down a few times after I do some lunges before I run, but I'm going to make this a daily habit because who doesn't want to prevent bone density loss?

I've been neglecting my biceps with not going to the gym to lift weights. Now I've added curls back into my daily exercises. Using 15 pound weights to do 1 rep, 10 times. Keeping it simple and will up the reps once I can do more then 10 curls with the heavy dumbbells. 

I don't want to add too many new exercises or I'll quit doing them all together if it gets to be too much. Little changes add up to bigger results. At least this is what I'm telling myself since I like my mornings just the way they are.. 
My guess is that it's going to be a Sunday afternoon of cross country skiing. I'd like to try one more new ski place. The U of M has some land in Rosemount and grooms the trails for skiers. It's near the new park in Farmington that I just skied a few days ago. They have 3 loops of trails each at a different mileage. There is a short, medium and long trail. I could just do all three and get in plenty of miles to ski. It's also free so there is no pass to purchase. Steve likes this idea since he doesn't like to cross country ski. He prefers to downhill ski. I just have to ski a lot slower and less miles if anyone joins me. This is the hunting trail and I'm not 100% sure it's a great idea to ski where there could be hunters. Should I wear bright orange? 
Saturday night we watched Logan's first indoor soccer game of the new year at the indoor dome. I enjoy watching this type of soccer since it's fast paced. They can use the side boards to bounce the ball off and its not out of bounds. The only time they do a kick in is if it hits the nets above the walls. Its a 6 V 6 game. Logan played all positions which is nice how they switch the kids out to do all. He likes playing forward or mid the best. He scored the first goal, and then two more. Was voted the MVP of the game. They won 7 to 2. A nice win to start the indoor soccer season. 
Logan didn't think he earned his MVP, even though he scored 3 goals. He felt that his game skills were awful thinking it was due to the new soccer cleats and just feeling different on his feet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment