Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Gaining and losing fitness all the time

I gain and lose fitness all the time. I've been doing a lot of cross country skiing the past few weeks and I feel like I've gained a lot of fitness I lost. I'm back skiing the whole route that the first few times exhausted me. Now it's no problem. I quickly gained back what I lost. 
I can tell I've lost my cross ramp fitness. I use to be able to run for an hour, 6 miles every morning. Now 2 miles, 20 minutes I just want to be done. Sure I could keep going but it feels hard and I have to do less resistance then I use to be at. I'm not looking to be back in the gym all the time so I'll be okay with just doing a few miles and then moving on to another machine. It's a good back up plan for winters when it's too cold to run or ski. 
In as little as two weeks you can start to lose fitness if you take a break. I cross train but that still means I lose some of my fitness while I take a break from running. It's been two weeks since I last ran and I have no idea of how it will feel to run 6 miles when I do start running again. To tell you the truth, I'm kind of happy about my running break. Skiing gives me great cross training so I still feel like I won't lose too much running fitness while I'm taking my break. 
I skied almost six miles this afternoon. The trail conditions were okay. Great for going down the hills as it was slippery and smooth, not so great for a nice ski track as it was all over the place which made it difficult to follow a pre-made trail. Skiing is like running, you just never know how your day is going to go out there. Some days its better then others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment