Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 14, 2016

One more off day

I'm having a few off days in a row. I'm blaming it all on my need to make cookie bars. I've been wanting to make chocolate crinkle cookie bars for a few days now and last night I made them with extra mini chocolate chips. 
I made them to give away, but first I must try them myself just to make sure they are as good as I think they should be. 
Hot out of the oven, they are like a little chocolate brownie, but crispier. I had to have a little ice cream with my cookie bar. Definitely not on the healthy eating plan, but then I can be off for one more day. 
Kendra gave Celina and Logan Home Chef meals (3) for a Christmas gift. The meals arrived on Tuesday all packaged up nice to put in the frig. Celina made this by herself and Logan will make tonight's dinner. It felt like we were eating out at a nice restaurant. Celina added in the quinoa from last nights dinner to make the meal a little more filling. The chicken was french cut pan fried then baked in the oven, over a bed of cooked spinach, with a tomato mozzarella salad. Very delicious meal and easy enough to follow the instructions that I could be a good cook too. I can't wait to see how the other three meals will taste! We have pork tenderloin and ribs to try next. 
I have a new favorite to share. I'm probably the only one in the whole world that never knew about this, but better late then never. Half the size Bobbi pins, which are smaller so they don't stick out far. 

Exactly what I needed to fix my bangs in the face all the time issue when I workout. I just twist them and use two of the small bobbi pins to keep my bangs in place. They work great! I should have discovered this ages ago. 
I'm still on my weight loss healthy eating even with some treats that aren't on the diet plan and over eating calories for the day. Here's what I've done and do every day.

Drink plenty of water all day and night long.

Take a nap when needed. Most days I'm up early and like to stay up till at least 9 or 10pm so an hour afternoon nap feels great. 

Plan out what I'll eat for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. 

Making a plan to cook dinner a few times a week so I'll know what we are eating and plan for the calories

Have healthy food choices in the house, greek yogurt, popcorn, veggies, salad ingredients, soup

Plan out my exercise for the day, when and what. Also being flexible to go workout anytime of the day. I had to work on this one. 

Move more.. still working on that in the afternoon/evening. I'm usually tired and just want to sit around. 

Write down what I eat, when and aprox how many calories. I know if I've had some stress, I want to reach for junk. 

I didn't ski yesterday since I just was tired and cold. Instead I took an hour plus afternoon nap, was well rested then went to the gym with Celina. Ran on the cross ramp 20 minutes = 2 miles, and then biked for 30 minutes = 6 miles. Not exactly the work out I was planning, but good enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment