Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 1, 2016

One workout done, only 365 days left to exercise.

One workout done on Day 1 of the New Year. I tried a brand new ski park, Whitetail Wood Regional Park in Farmington. 
The trails were nicer groomed then my usual Lebanon Park which I liked. I think the scenery at Lebanon is still far better then this new park. It was more out in the open and had two tight loops around which didn't take you far from the people. I kind of like going way out in the park where hardly any people go. This park loops around the lake with the hiking trail and ski trail. There is also another loop in a field that is boring and windy as I found out. I did like the variety and it still provided an almost 5 mile workout of cross county skiing. 
The biggest surprise was the trail went right over a raised dock over the wet land and a stream. It was fun skiing over it to the other side. 
While I cross country skied, Steve hiked by the lake. 
This park is a little bit of a drive, but I'll be back to ski it again. Change is good and I'm glad I figure out this new ski trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment