Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday all over the place with random-ness

I forgot all about making these oatmeal, white chocolate, craisin bars on Thursday. I'll all about making bars because of the time involved in making cookies. Bars are so simple and in my opinion even better tasting then cookies. 
I was bummed that I didn't just go skiing right away in the morning when the trees were all pretty and snow covered. Instead I waited till afternoon and of course by then, the snow was all off the trees. The temperature was perfect mid to high 30's and no wind. Couldn't have asked for better ski conditions! 
Last night we went out for dinner with another couple (neighbor friends) and also  another neighbor friend joined us. Drinks and pizza for dinner. I had one Angry Orchard then water, plus indulged in pizza. I forgot all about taking photos, but should have because the restaurant our neighbors part own, was all remodeled and super nice and modern, but still had tons of character. 
I'm a big believer in wearing my Fitbit. I know its not super accurate for steps because when I ski its off, when I bike its off and the list goes on. It does give me a rough estimate each day of how many steps I do take, which is all I'm looking for. It helps me in my efforts to stay fit which is really the point of my Fitbit It's just one other tool to help me rearguard-less if it's 100% accurate or only 50%. It's just the little extra help I need to move a little more each day or to know I didn't move at all. I don't have the fancy one that had a heart rate monitor so I'm not all concerned with this lawsuit. I do wear my Garmin that does have a heart rate monitor. I have no idea of how it compares to the Fitbit. I would not go all by any one number, heart rate, steps, calories burned, weight etc. They are all just ways to help us determine if we are making healthy choices in our lives by having some type of accountability. Would it be nice if everything was accurate, sure but nothing is perfect. I'm not going to quit a new tool that I find useful in my life, imperfections in all.. It still works to keep me moving. Isn't that a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment