Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Cold inside the house and out!

We woke up to 60*F in the house. Hum... our furnace starter went out. Lucky for us, Steve is great at figuring out how to fix just about everything. It's just the starter, not the entire furnace. We just have to wait till the store opens at 8am and we are back in business to a warm up inside of 72+F. 
We had a bit of a bummer Tuesday. A friends father passed away and the funeral was Tuesday morning. I quickly worked before and then had to finish up work after. It was a busy non-stop day trying to fit in all including the kids activities at night. I was in the car from 8am to 7pm. Not much time to take any photos since I was driving all over town. 
I really dislike funerals. Actually, I hate it when people die. Doesn't everyone? It does get you thinking about the ones that are no longer in our lives. Its tough to be sad and see others in distress over a loved one dying. I just know that I would want more of a celebration of my life, then a somber, dull funeral. Have a party, laugh together, share stories, eat, drink and celebrate. That's the way it should be, you have plenty of time to miss the person, cry over them but when everyone gets together enjoy that time you all come together. It's only on a few occasions in life were you see everyone, funerals, weddings and birthdays. Part of the word Funeral starts with Fun.. and we should have fun celebrating someone's life. It's amazing to hear all they did in life and how they chose to live life to the fullest. 
It's not as cold out today. 11 this morning and a high of 22 this afternoon. I'll finally be going cross country skiing again. I can not wait. It's been a few days since I got in a good workout. I'm ready to ski! 
How's my diet going? Still trying to eat healthy most of the time. I'm still struggling with eating far too many calories every day. I get hungry what can I say? 

I've been trying to just stick with no more then 2000 calories. I'd like to be around 1500 to 1800 but that doesn't happen more then three times or less per week. I'm still loving my same old breakfast, whole grain bread with chunky PB, same old lunch, a huge salad with all the good stuff, kale, broccoli slaw, carrot sticks, pumpkin seeds, craisins and blue cheese crumbs with poppy seed dressing. My absolute favorite.  I'm getting better at snacking. Eating popcorn, greek yogurt, fruits. I eat Special K, vanilla flakes for a snack too which I'd like to change. I feel like its my big cheat because they are some what sweet and I could make better low calorie choices.  
I'm on day #94 of my weight loss and I'm actually feeling pretty good about where I am. I'm not stopping.. just happy that I can tell I'm making good progress even if it is slow. Slow weight loss mean the weight won't come back on. It's more of a changing my eating habits then a true diet. It just feels a lot better to eat healthy and of course losing extra fat is also good. I'll always have to watch what I eat and exercise to maintain my 50 pound weight loss. I'll go up and down a little here and there but I want to stay fit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment