Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 8, 2016

We woke to a Winter wonder land.

Happy Friday. I loved waking up to fresh snow when it's so pretty just like a winter wonderland, all stuck to the trees. 

Fresh snow also leaves fresh tracks. We woke to find foot/boot prints walking up to our house and a few other neighbors houses and back yards. Pretty creepy that someone is casing our houses. It might be time to get a motion camera. Not to mention we get a lot of wild life/animals tracks, so I would love to see what walks by our house, a fox, cat, coyote and we always see deer tracks. It would be fun to capture on a motion camera and make things a lot safer around here. 
Remember how I wanted to start making more healthy dinners for my new years resolution? 

Last night, I made my Dad's recipe for pepper steak from the deli in NY that he use to work at when he was in college. Its one of my favorite meals and it's been far too long that I've made this for dinner. Logan who is 13 can't even remember ever eating pepper steak. I know the last time I made this was for the Chinese new year, years and years ago. I loaded up the veggies, broccoli, mushrooms, celery and peppers with a little beef. I'll be having leftovers for lunch. Guess I'll be skipping my salad today. 

Since its Friday, I still have to work this morning but I will be going skiing again in the afternoon. I did the full ski trail loop yesterday and went a total of 5.68 miles. I think it took a hour and 11/12 minutes. We had just an inch of fresh snow on the trails and it made skiing great! 
Look at the blue-jay I took a photo of this morning on our deck eating the bread we put out. 

I had a new customer estimate last night, remember how one of my resolutions was to pick up more customers. We'll I'm hoping I pick up a new customer. Things look good so I should know soon. Making progress and its starting to pay off for my efforts and the little changes I'm making each day. 
What else is paying off? I can tell my clothes are getting looser and looking better on me. It's all for watching my calories. I stuck to 1500 calories the past two days. Making progress one meal at a time. I'll have to try on my red skinny jeans today and see where I'm at in making progress losing weight. I still won't weight myself but I can tell I've lost weight. How much I don't know or care. It's just to fit into all my clothes comfortably is the BIG goal and to re-teach myself how to make healthy food choices, smaller portions and junk food control. I'm not eliminating food just eating less of the not so good/sugar, and loading up on veggies, fruits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment