Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Racing Sun down.

I had to race the sun before it went down. I was sure cutting it close with starting my 5 miles skiing through the woods at 4pm. I didn't want to get caught out in the wood in complete darkness, but then again, I could check that off my todo list skiing in the moon light. I brought my running light just in case it got dark and I didn't make it out in time. I made it out exactly 19 minutes before it got super dark. Everything in the woods just looks extra creepy in the dark, so I wasn't super excited to get caught out when the sun went down. 
We went back to Minnehaha falls after breakfast this morning. 


I like how every time we go, it looks completely different. 
The water was still gushing over but a lot less of it. 
It was pretty chilly out and of course we were not dressed to be outside for very long so it was a quick trip to see the falls and run back to the parked car. 
Celina wanted to try a new breakfast place, French Meadow Cafe. We sat on the restaurant side but there is a cafe there too where you go up to the counter and order. I thought they would actually have a lot of bakery things, pastries, breads, but they only had cakes, muffins and some tarts. 
I ordered the caramel roll, which I shared and ate before my meal.  I always like something sweet with my eggs, bacon and hashbrowns. 
Delicious by far too much food. Steve didn't order anything since he ate before we left so I shared my bacon, and bread with him. I could only eat half the eggs and hash-browns. If I had gone for a run before breakfast, I'm sure I could have finished everything. 

What is a blog post with out some random-ness. We feed not only the birds out on our deck every day, but the squirrels too. We put a chocolate cake out there and the squirrels ate the whole thing. I love seeing what all comes to eat what we put out. Mostly we just have leftover bread, but sometimes we have meat scraps or cookies, cakes something will eat what ever is out there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment