Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Freezing, flipping cold!

I had a really rough cross country skiing morning. The snow froze last night so it was crunchy with a little light fluffy snow on top. It was just difficult to ski and my pace was a lot slower even though I was giving more effort to just keep moving. Over 1 hour and like 20 minutes to not even to the long trail. Instead of having a bad running day, I had a bad skiing day. I just kept thinking about how hungry I was and that I wanted pancakes the entire time I was out there in 8+F freezing. 
I just felt exhausted while skiing. I was cold, tired and hungry. 
I was a bit surprised by the number of people I passed while skiing. There were a lot of walkers, runners and a couple other skiers out there in really cold temperatures. 
As always, I don't regret skiing but I was happy to get home, shower and eat. I was starving. I have read in many time that once you start eating healthy it becomes easier to do. I've been dieting for 12 weeks and I still have pancake cravings. What was surprising is that after my shower, a salad seemed far better to me then some pancakes. I guess that is true, after a few weeks of not reaching for crap food all the time, I'll start to crave the good stuff. Well, not always.

No comments:

Post a Comment