Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 29, 2016

Very exciting news.

Yes, we finally made a BIG decision. I have been thinking about this for years and always talked myself out of it. Its a big commitment. We are ready for the responsibility and the commitment of getting a new baby. That is a puppy, fur baby. 
She is a Tri -color, liver and white English Springier Spaniel. Born on December 13th. She is one of 11 puppies out of  3 females and 8 males.  We think her eyes will be green, but they look blue in the photo. I'm excited to pick her up on our Gotacha day of Saturday, January 30th. We cannon wait to meet her. 
I cleaned out our walk in closet to make it the new puppy room. We needed an area to keep the puppy when we are working. Plus, we will get our puppy crate down from storage, so she feels safe sleeping at night. Steve is going to put up a baby gate so she has room to roam during the day. We don't want her in the crate while we work, only at night. 
The breeder sent us some photos of mom with her siblings. Mom is Ruby and is 5 years old. She's had 3 litters of puppies. Can you tell I'm a bit excited about getting a new dog? I was undecided about what kind of dog for a long time. I just knew the second I saw her photo this was the dog I had been waiting for. She is perfect. We haven't had a dog in years. Our last was a springier named Josie. She was a great dog and so pretty. This puppy had a lot to live up to. I initially wanted a smaller dog because I grew up with toy poodles. I like being able to carry around a dog. Our springier will be around 45 pounds and far too heavy and big to carry. I know springier are busy, with lots of energy. Now that I'm a runner its the perfect dog. She will get plenty of exercise to keep her from getting bored. I will finally have my running partner out on the trails with me. It will actually make me feel a bit safer running with a dog then alone at the parks. 
After skiing yesterday, I came home and just laid on the floor for awhile. It was tough ski conditions. After the thaw we had on Wednesday, everything got super icy and slick. It's the worst for cross country skiing. Its extra tough going up the hills with all the slipping backwards and far too speedy going down the hills. Ice makes it pretty tough to not go fast down hills and it just scares me. I don't want to wipe out. I tried my best to slow it down (snow plow), but sometimes I just got going really fast. I cut my route down to 5 miles instead of skiing 6, just to avoid the big hill. I was pretty worn out and I have a feeling today will be more of the same ice conditions and tired out! It's suppose to snow again soon and I can not wait for fresh snow and better ski conditions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment