Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Here we are.

Here we are a fresh year 2016. 

A little New Years Eve recap before we start the new year.. 
(did you see my fortune.. I like the... side with him who dares.. ) 
We spent this New Years Eve with the kids. We got take out Chinese food, made Creme brulae with Logan. Using his new blow torch to make the sugar on top form a crust was super fun. 

We all played some games then watched Dick Clark's or should I say Ryan Seacrest New Years Eve on TV. I didn't last till the new year, I got up at 4:30am, and was ready for bed by 10pm. Steve did wake me up 15 minutes before 12am, but we both slept right through the celebration.  

Steve and I were going to join friends at their house for some drinks and to ring in the new year, but after being at home and all tired out.. we opted to stay in and just spend it with the kids. 
I was up bright and early 6am in the new year to watch  the sun rise and get in some new year Yoga. I've developed a lot of good daily habits the past few years.  Getting up early, doing yoga for an hour each morning along with a little meditating will remain part of the new year in 2016. 


I'm all about the numbers. I enjoy putting it all on a spread sheet. I had been a bit lazy about all my monthly workout totals so I had some tallying up to do. 
Here are my yearly totals!
Grand Total Miles for all = 1643 miles. 

Total running miles = 936 miles
Biking miles = 397
Cross ramp miles = 230
X-ski miles = 47
Elliptical miles = 22
I counted up my rest day 67! Last year, my rest days were only 27 days. This might be why I got in less total miles but not by much only 269 difference. 

I also wore my Fitbit for the entire 2015
Total steps = 4,300,657 or 2,096 miles 
Avg per day = 11,783 steps
Floors in one year = 8,363 
What I'm also going to be doing in the new year 2016 is to keep eating healthy foods. I started being more mindful of what I am eating back in October. I plan to continue eating more veggies, fruits and a lot less sugar/fried foods. I want 2016 to be the year I am back in all my skinny jeans. 

I'll continue to run in the new year, along with cross country ski, biking, cross ramp. I'll keep trying to meet my daily step goals of 11,000 per day. 

I'll keep going my daily exercises; Planks, twists, bridge, triceps, lunges and biceps every morning. I'll keep adding more minutes to my planks at 2 minutes x 4, and adding more time from 1 minute on my side planks. 
I'd like to do more volunteering at races this next year.  Celina and I helped out at the Monster Dash handing out water and I'd like to do more this coming year. 

I enjoyed playing soccer on a co-ed adult team all last year. This year I'm taking a soccer break. I loved it but my toes did not. I had a lot of black sore nails and it's not the best for running. I would like to coach another kids soccer team so we shall see about this for the new year? 
I plan to do a lot of biking and want to try doing a Dualathalon (run/bike) race in the spring. I've always wanted to do this race and I think this is the year I should check that off. 
I'd like to run another half marathon. Not sure what race and when but it's on my todo list. I'm hoping to train this year and get past my toe issues of them hurting after mile 6. 
I positively want to do more camping this year. Hiking, biking, kayaking, boating and just being outdoors as much as I can. 
We took a few whole family trips this past year. I'd like to do more of that this year. A trip to South Dakota, up to Grand Marais again.. and maybe Colorado? 
I want to focus more on being positive. Finding more happiness in each day. Living life to the fullest and challenging myself to do more. 

Happy 2016.. here's to a healthy, happy, fit new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment