Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Completely turned off by the gym.

I don't know whether I need to find a new gym or just am completely turned off by the whole gym thing. I've had a few negative experiences lately associated with the gym. I wanted it to be my happy, fit place but after a while crap just happens. While I'm partly to blame for lasts night. Not parking the best but hey, it was the other car next to me that screwed up the space lines, which caused me to park farther over to the next car. I was only there to pick up Celina. I just pulled in, turned off the car and has luck would have it, a couple that parked next to me walked out to get into their car next to me. Call it gym aggression or hungry, I'm not sure what but it was not Minnesota nice that's for sure. He was all pissed off that he had to squeeze into his car. I could not react fast enough to roll the window down, apologize and offer to move my car. Nope, he instead just had some choice words for me and took all his anger out at me. Well, I'll just brush that off. What's done is done. So sorry guy. You can see why I'm not thrilled about the gym. I'll probably run into this guy again or maybe he and his wife will be one of those newbies that drop out next week. I can only hope. 
It's also the regulars (gym goers that I see all the time). I just want to go in, workout and not talk some days (okay, most days). Steve is experiencing the bitching woman talking up a storm being all crabby as they discuss what ever is bothering them each day while they run on the cross ramp. I at least bring head phones but you can still hear them. It's annoying. The gym is kind of like the work place and are like co-workers. Who wants to go to work for fun? Not me. This is why I love taking my workout outdoors. If I ever complain about the weather being too hot, too cold, I just have to remind myself of why I am completely turned off by going to the gym. 
Steve cooked an amazingly tasty dinner last night. Roasted chicken with garlic, roasted brussle sprouts, little potatoes and a sweet potato. I couldn't eat normal for dinner since the mega dosage of Novocaine had not worn off. The kids and Steve were laughing at me eating from the side of my mouth. Drinking was weird because I could only feel half my mouth. I was back to normal around 8:30pm. It took that long and while it was wearing off my face itched but I could not scratch it since my face was all numb. It was like scratching rubber. 

I stayed within my goal calories for my goal day #80, exactly 1500 calories for the day. 

Here's what I ate. 
B-fast: 1 slice of whole grain bread with 1 TBSP chunky PB

Lunch- salad (broccoli slaw, carrot sticks, kale, chopped brussle sprouts, blue cheese, pumpkin seeds, craisins and popyseed dressing. 

Dinner - chicken (see above pix) potatoes, brussle sprouts and sweet potato

Snack - greek yogurt, with a few raspberries frozen

1 c. Vanilla Special K cereal 
1 small oatmeal cookie 

The only food items I wish I could have skipped eating were the cereal and oatmeal cookie. I had both of those around 8:30-9pm. Far too late to be eating since I go read at 9 and usually am sleeping by 9:30/10pm. 


A fresh new day. Thursday. More work, more miles skiing, daily exercises, dieting (1400 - 1900 calories), healthy eating, bill paying, calendar making and cleaning/organizing my own house, catching up on TV reality shows I like, and checking to see if I won the Powerball lottery. It was up to 500 million so who wouldn't want one chance to dream about winning? 


No comments:

Post a Comment