Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Waiting till it warms up to the 30's.

I'm just going to wait till it warms up to the 30's. The temp is at 15+F this morning. I don't need to go out and ski asap. I will get out when it warms up a bit. 

I haven't decided on where to ski today. I could go to my favorite park and do the same old loop or go back to the new ski trail in Farmington that I skied yesterday or better yet go to a old but not done trail in Hastings that I've skied a few times before but haven't done in ages. I have one more option. The U of M has some land near us that also has a cross country ski trail. They do hunting in the area so I need to check first to see if Hunting season for pheasants is over to not get shot while skiing. I don't need to be worried about hunters while skiing. So many choices for ski trails which I like unfortunately, I just can't do them all in one day. 
Last night, I got this great idea to set up those lights in bags all over the yard in the shape of 2016. It was kind of a fail. We get too much light from the street lamp next to our driveway so it was never dark enough.

I only had brown paper bags, not white but that was okay. I drew out 2016 in the snow first, found a bunch of tea light candles around the house, had to use rocks to weight the bags down. 

The tough part was to light all those candles hunched over. One bag did catch fire, but since it was in snow no worries. It just didn't really look like anything out in the yard  just like my photo.

 What is that? I suppose it would have been fun to light up the path behind our house and go for a walk at night. Maybe I'll do that too with the bags and lights for tonight? Leave it for others to enjoy too? I just need a few more tealights. 


We had a New Years Day meal cooked by Steve. A pan seared pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes roasted brussel sprouts and mushrooms. 
Logan made more creme brulee using his torch to make the caramelized sugar topping. 
We toasted to the new year with a bottle of bubbly. Maybe that's why I had a slight headache this morning. 
Cheers to the New Year.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment