Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hastings X-skiing

I tried the Hastings Spring Lake Park ski trails this morning. It was not very long but really pretty trail on the bluffs over looking the Mississippi river. It winded through woods and there was a few big hill climbs. Far too short since my total miles skied were only 3.64 miles and that was doing the shorter loop two times. 

Celina and Steve hiked along the river while I was cross country skiing the trails. 
 The bike path now connects from this park to Hastings and all the way to St. Paul along the river, 27 miles of trails one way. This will be fun to bike in the spring, summer and fall this year. The full trail is to be completed in 2017. 

After all this skiing, my thighs are a bit sore. Not too bad but I'm definitely getting use out of some muscles that don't get used by running. 
Not sure I'd ski here again since the trail is really short. It was a little boring doing the same trail two times. Still a nice view and easy trail to ski. 

No comments:

Post a Comment