Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Because it makes me feel Great!

Steve's friends (guys 50) always wonder why he is working out. I suppose they don't see the purpose in staying healhty and fit at 50 or at any age. He never says anything mean, which he certainly could from the looks of the healthy/fitness of his guy friends. Instead, he just tells them he feels great and it makes him feel good. I just think its funny how they are basically putting him down for taking care of himself and his health. Aren't we all trying to live longer and be the best version of ourselves we can be? That means taking care of our bodies so they last us. I doubt they will ever figure out how exercise will improve all aspects of their life. 
We both feel like we have the fitness of a 20 year old.  
I love saying, "I am a runner, this is why I'm fit and healthy". Running give me energy to work hard and keep going. It makes me want to improve all areas of my life. When ever someone doubts my abilities at 40+, I have running to show them I am super strong and determined. It just gives you that automatic unstoppable attitude that Yes, I am going to be okay and better then okay, GREAT! 
Speaking of Great, I made dinner last night. Remember me saying that I was going to try making dinner at least 2 times a week? Last night I made chicken lettuce tacos. What you can't see is the chicken, peppers, onion and guacamole. Yes, I made it all. I even added a little Mexican white cheese. 
I have one more dinner to make tonight. Logan wanted hot dogs with fried onions. It's not a healhty meal for me, so I'll be eating taco leftovers. 
Fitness week #213, yes I've been keeping track of my diet and exercise for that many weeks!
Its also diet day #95. I stayed at  1750 calories for the day and I even had two chocolate chip cookies and a tiny slice of Key lime pie. Not healthy but all within my calories for the day. I do wish that I would have just ate a greek yogurt with frozen raspberries instead of the cookies but it's all about choices and moderation. I have to live a little and not feel deprived. This is why my diet is slow going. It's the never depriving myself of some tasty treats. 
I'll be back to cross country skiing since the temperature are in the 20's all week. I might even get in some downhill skiing with the kids. A great leg  and hip workout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment