Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cross country skiing compares so well to running

While I was out skiing yesterday, I kept thinking about how skiing is so like running. I have a lot of time to think when I ski, which is exactly what I do while running. I'm kind of on auto pilot when I'm out in the woods on a familiar ski trail.
I try picking up the ski pace when I can. You would think I could ski faster then running but it's so not true. It takes a lot more effort to drag ski's along. I might zip down those hills but going up is always a big workout. I'm usually huffing and puffing at the top of each hill. My Garmin said I can ski one mile in around 12 to 13 minutes some times slower, depending on how many hills I have to climb. 


I was feeling pretty good about my energy level, so I tackled that expert hill trail. It added on a half mile to my ski route. It felt good to get back to doing the whole route and not just take a short cut. 
I ended up skiing 5.5 miles and felt like I could have skied a little more but as always, I was glad to get back to the car and be done with my workout. I over dressed a tiny bit but then got cold quickly when I stopped skiing. Layers work best for skiing just like running. I always warm up after the first mile of skiing too. 
I have more of the same today. Yoga, daily exercises, work, ski. I'll be going to the dentist for a filling so I have to get in my skiing quick and won't be able to add any extra ski routes. 
I'm still struggling with staying within my calories of 1500 - 1800 for the day. I've been hungry the past two days. I have noticed that two times a week I just have a bigger appetite. I just try to make good food choices. Pizza was on the dinner menu. We all make our own pizza using naam bread. I tried to go heavy on the veggies and light on the cheese. It was so good I ate the whole thing. Each day I try to stick with eating less and more healthy foods. This weight loss is slow.  A lot of days lately, I feel like I'm going backwards and not making progress. I don't want to give up, even thought I feel like I do every night with eating far too much. I'm on day 80 which is a goal day. I'm going to try and make my calorie goal for the day too. Try is the key. I want to be making progress and I know what I need to do. Lets just hope I can stick with it just for one day. I might have to check off the hours and stay really busy just to keep myself from eating more. 


I'm trying to remain honest with myself and my goals. It definitely helps to make my goals and struggles public on this blog. I have to be accountable and it helps keep me focused. Baby steps I tell myself, set backs are a part of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment