Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wake up, it's 3:30am..

I gave up on sleep since I took a long afternoon nap. I was exhausted on Friday and just slept the day away. Not productive, but much needed. 
Friday I took my run to my favorite trail in the park down the road. The leaves are almost peak fall colors. I did my usual two time around the lake clockwise and the last 2 mile loop counter clock. Makes it less boring to run it in reverse instead of always going the same direction. 
While running, I realized that I have not run with a heart rate monitor in ages. I don't even remember the last time I ran based on heart rate. Maybe on my run today I'll just go by heart rate instead of pace. Just to mix it up. Pace really means nothing when you try and compare road running to trail and running on tired legs vs. fresh feeling legs. 
My calves are still sore and tight, but not as bad today. I'm hoping this is the last of the "I can't run another step my leg hurts so much!"
Friday night pizza. We made our own personal pizza. Naan bread makes the best crust. Pop it on the grill and it cooks up a crispy crust. Delicious! I have one leftover slice that I am eating for my after run breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment