Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Back to the gym and my regret!

Yes, I regret skipping going to the gym, it's been far too long. To be more exact, I had to look back at my fitness book all the way to book #7, I'm on #8. The middle of June ~15th was the last date I was at the gym to workout. Five long months ago! 

I have lost some fitness as it's not as easy to lift the same amount of weights for the same reps and sets. I tried not to over do my first time back. I just went along on the machines going from one to the next, getting in a full body workout. 
I use to be consistent, daily for 20 to 30 minutes and then schedules changed for the kids and we couldn't stay long to run and lift weights.. some thing had to go.. My body doesn't get tone from running, only my heart gets stronger. I need to lift weights to tone up the arms/legs. Believe it or not.. my right leg calve actually felt better while I worked out. It's back to bothering me again this morning. I'm skipping my run so I can walk. I do need to work and to be able to walk and work is an important part of my day. 

I'm back to wanting and needing to go to the gym on a more consistent basis. I'll go with Celina after she is done with school. This way I have zero excuses! Plus, I haven't wanted to workout in the mornings. It's the regulars at the gym I need a break from and mostly why I quit wanting to go workout there. It was feeling more like a dead end job then a place I wanted to go each  day. Now there is new staff and new people that I don't even know. It feels like a new gym, which is what I was looking for. Perfect to start back up fresh and get my fitness up back where it was a few months ago. 
I've been loving my honey garlic home made salad dressing with blue cheese on my salad once again. I stuck to my diet for another day of eating only 1500 calories or less. I'm not sure I've lost weight but it feels so much better to be eating healthy. I pleasantly surprised that I have not felt hungry with eating less calories. Maybe it's because I've had to not run lately which makes me extra hungry. I have upped my work schedule and I do get in a lot of exercise just by working. It's just not the same as going for a 6 mile run. If I'm hungry or wanting something sweet, I make myself a 20 calorie hot chocolate. I was out of my low calorie (80 cal) Greek yogurt for a dessert and discovered some sweet tango apples in the frig. A great substitute for a after dinner dessert. 
I had one leftover tomato stuffed with rice and veggies for dinner after my salad. I've been saving the big meal for dinner since that's usually where I always had difficulty keeping on track with healthy eating. I just load on the salsa and add some fresh made guacamole the good fats! 
My quick go to lunch was this vegetable soup at 160 calories. I wanted some thing else so instead of eating bread, I had a banana (80 calories). That was it till snack and I once again.. ate popcorn.
I like making a big bowl and just mindlessly eating all for 200 calories its a good afternoon snack for me. Quick and good. I always eat breakfast too, same thing.. wheat bread with PB and I'm sticking to one slice. 

It's diet day 4, I'm staying on track and I will lose weight. I'm just not going to weight myself as my clothes and how I feel will be the judge of my progress. Plus, just eating healthy.. makes me want to keep going to lose the pounds and keep fit. I do want to see my abs!


No comments:

Post a Comment