Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Run Saturday.. Food, biking, running and Pumpkins!

We got our pumpkins! The kids picked out the bumpy ones thinking they were way cooler then my regular pumpkin. I'm not sure about good pumpkin eating seeds in those bumpy ones so its a good thing I got a normal looking pumpkin too! We must have pumpkin seeds!
I had a major hot chocolate, design fail. I was sure that I could figure out on my own how the coffee places make those cool designs on the top of coffee and hot chocolate. I was determined to try making my own today. It was a major fail. The whipping cream fell directly to the bottom of the cup.. gone just like that! Logan and I got the bright idea to make whipping cream instead and then put a blob on top. I thought they just dragged a tooth pick through a dot and there you go.. a heart. Nope.. this is what I ended up with making.. 
We then watched a You Tube video.. next attempt we will add coco powder sprinkled on top, then whip the cream but not enough to make whipping cream. Pour a lot of cream into the cup.. that's the trick.. Use a lot of cream! I'll try it again maybe later on.. 
Time to try out my free pancake mix from Krusteaz. Plus, I used the batter pour thing and their spatula. 
They were super easy to make, just add water. 
They cooked up fast! 
Delicious pancakes! I had Steve try some too just for a second opinion and he was like these are way better then Bisquick! 
We had a 32+F frosty morning. It was a bit chilly at first but I quickly found out, I didn't need a jacket, head band or gloves to run. 
Felt pretty nice out by the time I ran 6 miles.. I really wanted to stop running after 4 miles but I talked myself into just one more neighborhood loop. What's another 15 minutes of running? 
Not an awful pace today for just running whatever 10:24, 10:18. 10:07, 10:40, 10:53..
I have to share my mountain biking dirt path.. all 5 miles through the woods. 
Off to figure out what else to do with my Saturday... 

No comments:

Post a Comment