Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, October 29, 2015

A reward and thoughts about Education..

I needed a reward for my dieting efforts. Day 11 and I'm still on track to losing weight. I might not have stuck to my diet 100%, had a few poor food choices, but that's life and there will always be those temptations so no need to feel deprived. 

What was my reward? A few new tops and a scarf. Who thought I'd be a scarf wearing person. Seems everyone wears them. so its time I try this too. I actually liked it, but only in winter. You won't catch me being that person who wears a scarf year round. No thank you! I'll save it for cold weather! 


I do love the color black. It hides all those lumps that I'm trying to lose. It's that arm bra fat and little bit of extra skin around my waist band. It's not much but enough to bother me into my diet to lose a few pounds. I'm getting there and yes, I will still love the color black. I did buy this cute top in three colors. When you like something, you must get it in all colors asap. I found that if I don't do it right away, I end up going back three times to the store to buy all the colors. I now have this top in Black, Gray and Red. Just one scarf, I didn't buy the cream color one that I was debating on. One scarf to start and maybe more later on? 

I have two pairs of long boots and I've been noticing the trend of short boots. I'm not much into noticing what people are wearing so I'm a bit fashion challenged. I've been searching Pinterst for ideas. Loving my new gray swede just above the ankle boots with a heal. I was tempted to get black but convinced myself that I needed some other color in my life.  
I might not have reached my goal weight so its a little early to be celebrating with a reward. What I am celebrating is reaching the goal of 10 days eating more healthy, feeling better about myself, probably dropping a few pounds and most of all, my continuing efforts to workout, run/bike lift weights and do my daily exercises. That deserves a reward! Plus, I just needed some real non-workout clothes for last nights Tennis banquet for Celina. 
Celina was the first to be called up to be recognized. The head coach had a lot of nice things to say about Celina and her tennis playing skills. I was not expecting her to be first up, so I never took a photo. Plus, it was so darn cold in the room we all had our jackets on and were freezing.
I tried a new lunch, three scrambled eggs. Super good for a lunch but it didn't really fill me up so I had a banana too. I'll be trying to add a few more foods to my healthy diet. I've been kind of stuck on soup and salads for lunch. It was a nice change and a healthy choice. 
Which bring me to thoughts about Education. Every two years I have to renew my ACE Personal Training Certificate. I have to get 2.0 credits of continuing education. I keep thinking about what I want to do to fulfill my requirements. This morning while reading another blog, they mentioned getting certified to be a running coach. It was also ACE approved for 2.0 credits. They did a home study and took the test on line. Credits come at a price so I'm trying to figure out the quickest, cheapest and less time route. Plus, I want to do something that interests me. While I've thought a lot about just doing an ACE program in weight management or nutrition. Those programs are spendy at $500, plus test costs. This program for a running coach would only be $250. I'm hoping that includes test costs. I've thought about going to DCTC and getting another certification in group fitness or an Advance PT certificate too. That's the more expensive and very time consuming route where I'd be working on 6 or more credits for at least 3 to 4 months. Not sure I want to spend that much and put in that much time at this point. 
I need to figure it out ASAP because if I'm going to do that certificate, classes start in January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment