Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Lone Rider..

I did it.. I went Mountain biking on the bike trails by myself and I didn't get lost. I did make sure to text a message to let everyone know where I was and if I didn't come home by 2pm to go look for me. Seriously, not kidding! 
I mastered the log roll over. I was afraid to ride over logs for fear of tumbling over my handle bars, but I slowly got over that fear after riding over many rocks and tree roots. I still had to get off the bike when I was faced with a log 1ft high. I can not, nor will jump a log EVER! I know my limits and that is one I will never master. It is fun to watch bikers jump and fly over those logs with ease. 
I forgot my GPS during my bike ride which was a huge bummer. I wanted to know how many miles I biked out in the woods. Next time for sure I'll remember. I was out there for an hour and it was a great workout! Time went by so quickly and that's what I like.. working out and it feels effortless! Well, unless you are going up a hill and then I'm huffing and puffing. 
Fall colors from our front yard maple tree.. Almost all red.. 

My calve feels a bit better but I'm still taking it easy on the running. I ran 1.5 miles at a slow warm up pace, then Celina joined me to run another 1.5 miles at a faster 9 minute mile pace. I think the last mile was an 8 something. She is getting fast and faster then her mom! Glad I had the chance to warm up before running faster with her! 
 I had a 16oz can of pumpkin to use up. I made some spiced pecan pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting. Rave reviews from my family as the best cookie EVER! 
I had enough pumpkin to make pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. 
To my surprise in the mail, I got a package filled with these four mixes. I had forgotten all about winning it on www.Running4cupcakes.com  blog. Krusteaz also sent me a spatula and a pancake pour thing.. I can't wait to try out the mixes. Just wish they didn't contain any hydrogenated ingredients! Bummer on that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment