Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, October 30, 2015

Reaching for my goals!

Every single day is tough. It's tough always making good healthy choices. I make it a little easier by setting some goals, some little and some big. You just have to have goals and take a few steps each day to get where you want to be. All those tiny changes add up to reaching my goals.  
It's easy to get side tracked. I've done it a million times. Started a diet only to give up, toned up and then stopped lifting weights. Lost weight only to gain back some of it. Eating healthy for months only to start diving into sugary snacks. Your going to have set backs. Its best to think of it as so I screwed up this meal or day.. tomorrow is new and a fresh start. 
I was a daily weight lifter when I first started workout at the gym. I'd lift weights for 20 to 30 minutes every single day and as a result my arms looked the best they ever had. Of course at the time my only goal was to not gain back the weight I lost and to tone up. I didn't stop to really look at my progress and then I stopped lifting weights when our morning schedule changed with the kids starting school at a different time. I no longer had time to run and lift weights and well, something had to go. Lifting weights went and so did my toning. 
Through new goals, I'm trying something different. To see if this sticks with me. I'm running in the mornings and doing make up miles in the afternoon (if needed, I like to run at least 6 miles a day) and lifting weights for 20 to 30 minutes. Celina and her friend are also going to the gym so its a good win/win for both. I'll be tone once again! Spreading out my workouts so I'm not pressured to do all at once. 
I'm focused on another goal of dropping some pounds, making healthier food choices to lose fat and see those abs and muscles I'm building in the gym. It's slow process but I'm going to keep sticking with it to reach another goal of being fit all over! I want to be able to see my efforts! That means clean up the diet, lose some weight so the muscles can come on out! 
I'm sticking with 1500 calories because, I don't need to starve myself. Its not a quick way to lose weight. My goal is to re-teach myself to make good healthy good choices. Not reach for some junk when I'm tired and just hungry but to crave the good stuff, like veggies and fruits. I'm getting there. I actually had salad for an after dinner dessert. We tried a new salad with Kale, broccoli slaw, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and Brussels sprouts, with a tiny bit of poppy seed dressing. 
Drinking more water as always. A healthy habit I started 5 years ago by giving up diet pop. I don't miss pop at all. Once in a great while I have a full calorie root-beer but I'm giving up that too for water. I just don't need to drink my calories!

Happy run Friday.. time to start moving and working on my daily cardio goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment