Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy Monday.

How was your weekend? 
My weekend went by way too fast. Don't they all! I did enjoy some pretty great trail running. I have a weird running story too that happened on Sunday!
In the parking lot of the park, it was a gathering of sheriff cars, and under water rescue vehicles and trailers. A dozen or more people standing around in a circle. I wasn't sure what was going on but I decided to run the lakes. As I got to the lake, I notice a kayak over turned in the lake and a wet life jacket. Were they doing a practice search and rescue early Sunday morning? I'm not sure they would need to do this on a cold morning but hopefully, no one was in the lake to recover. We never did stick around to see if they found any body. I ran my two laps around and just when I finished they were in the water. I was tempted to ask what was going on but in a way, I didn't really want to know if it was someone dead. The weird stuff you come across while being a runner! 
I've been taking it easy running. Not over doing it for my calve to heal. It's still not 100%, but it sure feels a lot better then it use to. I'm still not pain free so I continue to foam roll and I'll be back at the chiropractor for another round of acupuncture. 
My diet or healthy eating plan is going well. I passed the week or 7 day mark.. on to day #8. I had two days were I ate 150 calories over my 1500 for the day but that's okay. Still on track to keep losing weight and losing body fat. If nothing else, I feel better for eating more healthy. I do wish it was faster to drop the pounds but I'm not willing nor do I think its smart to go on a starvation diet of less calories then I'm already eating. This is not a short term weight loss I'm going for. It's suppose to be maintainable and teach me good eating habits to reach for healthy foods instead of a lot of empty sugar filled calories. 
I didn't run this morning, as it was too dark out. I'd rather save my workouts for daylight. I'll be running this afternoon and going to lift weights while Celina runs at the gym. Lifting weights really does make a difference. It's tough going getting back to were I use to be at lifting certain weights but I'll get there. I'm not exactly starting from ground zero, I didn't lose everything in my absence from the gym but I do have a bit to get back to feeling like its easy. I'm not sure it ever should feel easy, but I don't remember my usual workout to feel this difficult either. 
Some photos from the weekend, Trails of Terror. 
A cool idea I want to try for a holiday decoration on a cake. 
We played some family cribbage. Love this game! 
My Monday fun day with Evan.. I think we are going to make some sugar cookies in the shape of fall leaves. Maybe go to the park and of course play trains, his favorite thing to do. 

Happy Run Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment