Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Ouch my calves

My calves are super sore. The kind of soreness where it hurts just to walk down stairs. This biking cross training must be working but in all the wrong places! 
My goal is to not tone up my calves more. They already are the most fit muscles on my entire body. I do hope it will eventually make my running improve from the extra strength from all the bike miles. 
I took zero photos yesterday on my bike ride. I didn't want to stop at all. Not even to drink some water. I just wanted to keep going. I did cut my route a mile short and ended up riding just under 11 miles instead of 12+. It was such a nice weather 70+F afternoon that I just had to take advantage of it and go for a ride. I had some make up miles that I didn't run in the morning and biking felt like a better option then running an extra 2 miles. 
I am working earlier today so I'm waiting to workout. I'll be doing more biking miles instead of running. I just don't think running will go that well on really sore calves. Plus, I'm really enjoying the mix of biking. I've been thinking of going to the mountain bike trails again. It's just a little intimidating since there are tons of rugged terrain and mostly guys out there going super fast. I just let them pass me. Plus, I haven't been in over 2 years. I remember the first time I went to this trail, it took me forever to find my way out. I eventually did find the parking lot and was super happy to get out of the woods. The next day I went back again and kept going that summer/fall. It just takes one time to do something new and you get hooked. It's just taking that first step that is scary sometimes. I try to talk myself out of it because I'm thinking I'll be all lost in the woods again for hours. I need to get over that fear.. I got out the first time and then loved it. Okay, today is the day I try something new! Back to the Mountain bike trails I go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment