Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, October 31, 2015

How I start every morning. Happy Halloween.

I have a pretty simple morning routine. Get up early, get on my workout clothes and head down stairs to stretch/do yoga for an hour. During that hour of yoga, while I'm holding a pose I read motivational fitness and personal growth advice on my ipad. I also go over my todo list getting out my fitness book and start recording my progress for the day. It helps me start the day mindful. It's an hour I take for me. I plan ahead so that if I need to be some where I can just get up earlier to fit in my hour of yoga. 
During that first hour I'm not only doing yoga, reading but eating my breakfast slowly. Everything is done slow and relaxed. It's after this hour I start my daily exercises, planks, bridge, twists and triceps dips, then and only after all this I go for my daily run... 
One of the benefits of being self employed is that I choose my working start time.  My start time varies from day to day depending on when I want to be done working. Some days I start earlier and other days it takes a long time for me to get out the door. Its all a matter of what I want to accomplish so I have that luxury that a lot of people don't have. If I worked 40 hours a week 9 to 5, I would still fit in a way to get in my morning yoga and mediation as it sets my day off right and mindful.  

I was happy with Friday's run. I took my running to the trails at the local park. Hunting season starts on Nov 1, 2 and 3rd so no running will happen on the trails during hunting season. I wanted to enjoy the last few trail runs of this year. My leg just hurt a tiny bit but not as much as it usually does which was nice. I ended up feeling the pain later on after relaxing in the evening but again woke up without any major leg pain. Things are looking up and finally improving. 

I've been doing nice and easy miles to make sure I don't over do it on my leg. 5.86 miles of trails done in one hour and 3 minutes, burning 600 calories! 
I had no idea of what to eat for lunch since we were out of soup. I found this 250 calories cheese ravioli meal in our freezer. It was very good and filling. I might not have got in any veggies for lunch but it kept me from reaching and eating something high calorie. 
Running makes you really, really hungry so its important to think about what I'll eat before my run is done so I don't just grab any thing I see and eat it. 
I still need to go on a Saturday run. It's raining and cold but I'll still run outside. Nice and easy.. Just have to dress for rain and wear a visor to keep the rain out of my eyes. I won't melt and I won't freeze after I get going.. I'll warm up and the rain will feel good, keeping me cool. There is always a low calorie hot chocolate waiting for me when I return home from my run. 
It's day 13 of my low 1500 calorie diet.. Starting to see my abs come out just a tiny bit. 

It's Halloween tonight.. I haven't decided on a costume if we go out for a few drinks, Mine will be water with a flavor drink package to keep me from drinking calories. I'm also going to keep my hands out of the candy bucket. This might be the hardest thing I've had to avoid since being on my diet the last 13 days. I didn't buy any peanut butter cups, my weakness. I hope that is the answer to not wanting to dip into the candy by not having one of my favorites to eat. 

Happy Halloween......Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment