Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Letting my hair down...

We took family photos on Saturday and I decided to try curling my hair instead of always wearing it up. It was time to let my hair down.. I probably should have colored my hair by my part.. a few gray hairs to cover up ASAP! 
Logan wanted to try a new fruit. Or at least I think its a fruit. We figured out this is a kiwano melon it's more of a very jelly seedy cucumber.

I won't be eating this one again.. 

Steve made a blue cheese Cole-slaw and it was delicious! I can't believe I use to not like blue cheese. He can't recall how to make it because he never follows a recipe or writes down what he adds. It did have apple cider vinegar too. 

Dessert.. apple crisp with vanilla bean gelato. 
I spent at least two hours this morning doing yoga and foam rolling my right leg. My leg doesn't hurt much when I walk.. just when I run.  It's just not improving.. and I have yet to go to the chiropractor. It just feel like my muscle is super tight and balls up. 
I gave up after running my two trail miles around the lake at the local park. Between my leg hurting and all the people taking family photos on the park path.. I gave up. I was planning on just walking around in the park away from the main trails with Steve but he suggested going biking instead. 
Off biking we went.. with a stop at Taco John's for lunch and we both had a burrito. Mine without beans or olives! Then we biked on over to Cub to pick up some herbs for the October Turkey we are cooking up for tonight's Sunday family dinner! 

Two more fruits to try.. This one actually tasted good. You just can't chew the seeds, they are rock hard. It's got a slight sweet melon taste. 
This Mango-stein was hard to get open. Tough outer shell and a mushy brain like consistency inside. It had a slight vanilla taste with something else?? 

We also made a trip to our favorite store.. Trader Joe's.. More cheese, veggies and this pumpkin spiced pumpkin seed. I could not stop eating them.. so sweet with a touch of cinnamon and other fall spices. 
My plan this week is to bike every day and do less running. I need to cut back on running till my calve feel back to normal. I'll just run 2 miles per day and bike either the dirt road loop 12 miles or go to the park and mountain bike 5 miles through the woods. I'll still get in a cardio workout. Plus, I have to add back in lifting weights. Its key to staying tone! I'm also going to keep up those extra seconds of planks, moving up from 7 total minutes to 10 minutes and it doesn't feel that bad. It's 100% do-able! 

No comments:

Post a Comment