Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Nothing like being sore All Over!

Mountain biking sure made me feel sore all over this morning. That's a good thing because I need the mix up in my daily workout. Sore means I'll get stronger in some of my under used muscles. 
Mountain biking using a lot of skills. There was zero time to get bored or even think of anything other then making sure I don't wipe out on my bike. That would not be good! You really have to think fast while twisting and turning through the woods. There are so many things that can easily take you down, tree roots, rocks, boulders, just trees, bridges, jumps, sharp turns, up hill, down hill, washed out areas. There is no time to not have your full concentration on where your heading. I like that.. I needed to take a break from my brain always on.. Running there is so much time to think and it was nice having a break from all that other mindless thinking. 
I have a shorter work day and I hope there will be time to go ride this mountain bike path. I want to try a new farther out route that takes me all the way around the park. My GPS stopped while out on our ride so I have no idea of how many miles we biked. I have a feeling it's not many since you can't go as fast. I'm sure I will pick up the pace after getting more familiar with the trail and getting use to it all. Right now, I'd rather take it easy and just not fall. 
What surprised me most was 
1. How confusing the map of the bike trails were. I'm easily directional challenged. This will not be easy going it alone without my map reader! 

2. There were a lot more women out mountain biking then two years ago. It was almost 50/50 men vs. women in a mostly male dominated sport. 

3. Fat, I mean really fat tires. I thought those fat tire bikes were for snow biking? I was soo wrong. A lot of women had the fat tire bikes. I asked one women if it was a smoother ride.. I have no knowledge of comparing my tires (normal) to the gigantic fat tire. The bikes with the fat tires just look really heavy and clumsy but maybe it makes for a smooth ride over all the bumps on the trail? I have no idea. Now I want to try it out! 
I'm not giving up on running.. I'm actually off to put in a few miles. I'll make up the difference by my mountain biking. Happy Thursday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment