Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I've been baking.. and some positives in life.

I needed to find something else that made me happy to do. Baking, yes that's it! I do love to bake and that's exactly what I did yesterday while Evan was napping. 
I was all into making the dough and realized I had zero corn oil for this recipe. I'm not sure Olive oil is exactly the best substitute but I went ahead with it anyway. The dough had a bit of a strange olive oil odor but the caramel rolls sure turned out good.  If anyone noticed a difference.. it was not mentioned. Although, Logan said they were just okay. 
The other half of the dough, I made a pecan roll. I just added pecans and topped with milk and sugar/cinnamon. Not a huge difference, but I like the added nuts. Once we eat up all the rolls I made, I'll start on my pumpkin bread or bars. Baking always makes me happy. 
There are some days where I need to think of everything that makes me happy. When others are having success and I feel stuck this is a perfect way to get unstuck. Figuring out what makes my life just as great. 

What made me happy on Monday?
- Spending time with my grandson, Evan. Who can't have fun with a little toddler? 
-Having fun with Evan at the playground
- Getting out the car and track for Evan. A new toy. 
- Baking caramel rolls
- Getting a new client,  equals more work to make more money!
- Great warm fall weather in the 60's 
- Running 
-Yoga
-Checking off items on my todo list. I love the feeling of accomplishment. 

Every day I need to add on my todo list,  what makes me happy. Focus on the positives and good things will happen and life will be great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment