Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, March 29, 2014

What $67 can buy you?

$67 can buy a lot of power bars.. at REI.. I noticed everything they sell is around $90 on up.. Last year we purchased a Thule for carrying our two kayaks on top of my Toyota. We really liked it.. Spent a small fortune, more then the kayaks just to be able to bring them up north with us. This $67 was our profit sharing from being a member of REI.. now what to do with it..?
I would love REI a lot more if I could spend unlimited amount of money on bikes, camping equipment, workout clothing etc.. Since that's not the case, we tried to keep things fair. What to spend the money on? Steve and I sure took our good old time looking at just about everything. We were thinking of getting a new pair of binoculars or a GPS, maybe some clothes, sunglasses or another bike. Then a great idea came to us.. Why not get a bike rack? Locks for the kayak rack so no one can steel it. 

Here's what we decided.  You can't go to REI and just spend $67. We spent way more.. on a New four Bike rack that swings out of the way to open the trunk. Not only can we bring kayak but bikes for our camping adventures up on the North Shore of Minnesota. 
We did manage to get 4 locks for the kayak rack and that was around $60. There you go.. we found something for $67.. and more! 

 We all can not wait to go camping this summer. Kayaking, biking and hiking are now all on the can't wait to do list!
Suppose it's time to go over my workout for the day.. I had a few options. I was very undecided. I had the option to run for free a 7 mile race in Eden Prairie. The other options were to just run outdoors or go to the gym and run. It was only 20+F this morning. Pretty chilly but sunny and no wind. I'm not really feeling the racing bug just yet. I need to get out doors and run before I can consider running a race. I wish I was wanting to run it because you can't beat a free race! Oh well.. there are a few more this summer I can still do. 
3 miles on the cross ramp... 3 miles on the treadmill.. and 2 miles of biking with 30 minutes of resistance (weight lifting). Plus I did my Bikini Challenge Day 54 before I left the house to go run. I like my non-stressful workouts. I know I need to kick myself a little for passing up that morning race. Right now I'm just going to concentrate on doing more of what I enjoy and not doing what I just don't have my heart into. Racing will always be there and when I feel like it.. there is some race every weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment