Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Runners Confessions..

I have a lot to confess.. about running.. 

1. I don't wear compression socks.. never have, have not even tried it.. and probably won't spend the $$, Just plain Knee Hi's work just fine and I'd only wear them as a costume. 

2. I really, really like working out/running in the mornings. First thing before I do anything else in the day. Earlier the better.. 

3. I cannot talk myself into working out or running at night. I'm just too tired and so unmotivated. 

4. I have no idea of why runner take salt tablets during a race. Do you really need them? Not enough salt in your diet already? 

5. My toe nails have paid dearly for all my running.. Black toe nails and lifting up.. = hurt all the time. 

6. I don't like skipping a run day. And don't ever want to take rest days. 

7. I panic when I realize I can't workout in the morning. It messes with my whole day and I just feel blah! 

8. I have a fear of big races (1/2 marathon with many people). Too much walking to the start line, standing around for hours  and then after what if I can't walk? 

9. I don't lose weight running. I can easily gain weight.. makes me hungry some days. I think just because I burned 800 calories running I can eat all the crap I want. So not true. 

10. I really want my buns to stop doing the buns wave.. I thought running would make them tone and smaller. Only diet = losing weight will do that.. 

11. I only have 3 pairs of running shoes and they all have well over 500 miles of wear and tear.. 

12. I love reading other blogs about running. I just hate looking at small type and bad food photos. Where the food looks awful and you think.. they really eat that super healthy crap? 

13. I don't like hearing about runners being able to run miles and miles at a 6 minute mile pace. I can't even run one mile that fast and I'd be breathing as if I was dying because I would be. 

14. I always think I need to do more.. lift more weights, run more miles, enter more races, eat more healthy, and do more cross training. Just because everyone else seems to be doing the same.. I don't have to be like everyone.. 

15. The older I get.. the harder it is to maintain fitness. It's a give and take.. tone up one area, the other falls apart. 

16. I think about running far too much.. It's kind of addicting and runners only get that.. non-runners just think we are crazy.. 

17. Running has helped me achieve some new goals for myself. Goals I didn't even know about.. until running change that. 

18. Running is going to keep helping me.. every day.. every year..and for the rest of my life.. Its my therapy, my fitness, my health and all my motivation is tied into this crazy running.. miles and miles. 

19. I would wear running clothes 24 -7.. and I do .. 

20. I confess.. even thought I read a lot about running.. I really don't know more then I've experienced about running. Not a lot in 3 years.. but my running knowledge is growing and will continue to grow. I'm one of those have to live it, experience it.. in order to get it. I'd rather learn the hard way when it comes to running.. so everything is new and exciting.. 


Oops I forgot one more Big Confession... I can not run without 200mg of caffeine in the morning. It's my little pep up before the run and believe me, when I forget it.. I notice big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment